Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Fall Changes


Fall has been bringing more than weather changes to this girl's life.

Over the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to visit my home church. The current theme they have been touching, teaching, and preaching on is "Generosity." You're probably thinking to yourself "OH, money," because that's what I thought at first as well. As it turns out, money was their main point of discussion as they're are trying to raise money as of late, but that's not exactly the point of view I took from the subject.

Personally, I struggle very deeply with selfishness - selfishness with my time, but more specifically spending time and investing in people. Over the past two weeks, I've been thinking alot about generosity, and the effects it can have on someone's personal life. I recently had an "ah-hah!" moment during which I realized that being a generous person requires more than just being charitable with your money.

I'd like to challenge you to think about an area in your life where you could spare a bit more generosity. For me, it will be spending time and investing in people - what will it be for you?


2 comments:

  1. I agree with you that giving of your time is probably the best and more generous gift cause you are serving others when you give of yourself. And it means more to serve one another. thanks for sharing :) hope all is well!

    love from NYC,

    Taylor
    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com
    Shop Gold Chain Bracelets & More!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I just saw your comment, sorry!

      Delete