Monday, October 28, 2013

Top 10: Tidbits of Knowledge


As I was sitting at my desk today sipping a much loved cup of joe, I thought to myself, "There are so many things I've learned from attending college already... I wish I could share them with people." It was then and there that I remembered, "Oh, wait..."

Welcome to the brain of a college student - where blog posts are few and far between, coffee is constantly being reheated in the microwave, and music is one of the many comforts I cling to.

I've come up with yet another list of ten - this time, being a list of things college has taught me so far. I hope you benefit from them in some way, but if not, I hope you enjoy reading them as you either shake your head saying,
"What a youth...," or laugh because you find that you can actually relate to one or more of the things below.

1. Friends are a good thing.

You can encourage one another, lend each other dryer sheets and make each other coffee (not necessarily at the same time) - needless to say, they're awesome.

2. Don't procrastinate.

No matter how much I don't want to do an assignment at the moment, I know I won't want to do it alot more, later.

3. Sleeping feels really good.

Get some of it. Then get some more. Need I go on?

4. Having a good, addicting, tv show is a must.

Unless, of course, you spend far too much time watching said tv show that you discover you've just wasted four hours of your life watching something that won't benefit you in life unless you get kidnapped by a terrorist unit and need to find a way to contact CTU by calling Tony, but Tony's too emotional because he thinks his wife's just been infected by a deadly virus to be of any help...anyway!
Find a tv show you like, watch it to unwind, then go back to doing homework. ✓

5. Get fresh air daily

And no, walking to class doesn't count.

6. Make an effort to have alone time on a daily basis.

I've found that I survive best when I give myself time each day to be by myself. It gives me time to think, time to unwind, time to breathe.

7. One could live off of Ramen for quite some time.

Not that I've tried this...

8. Wax melters/burners = praise.

Rooms smell funky after a while, and it's just the way it goes, so get one of these things. They have them at Walmart for literally $10, and all you have to do is plug the pretty thing into an outlet. The wax refills are $2, and they last for months.
Thank me later.

9. When hammocking-ing in the fall & winter in Georgia, always bring more sources of warmth than you think you'll need.

I may or may not have had several occasions where I've almost frozen to death because I thought I'd be fine. Moral of the story - you're not going to be fine. Just suck it up and carry that extra blanket, Amanda.

10. The Bible is not a textbook.

With all of the schoolwork that involves the Bible, it's easy to make it into a textbook that you're required to read. To fix this?
Read it for fun, read it for wisdom, read it for encouragement; just read it... a good friend gave me this very wise advice, so, thank you, good friend. *insert obnoxiously conspicuous wink here*


On another note, below I've posted a few pictures to act as a timeline of sorts of my life over the past few weeks:


The Humane Society brought kittens and puppies for us students to play with on National Student Day.
(October 3)
One of the most awesome people I know came to visit me & the school during Homecoming weekend.
(October 11)
During her visit, Sam showed me her favorite Thai restaurant - Pad Thai.
(October 11)
Hammock city.
(October 11)
Washing sticks for a crafty project of mine.
(October 17)
Hiking to Little Falls with my friend, Kinsey.
(October 26)
R&R at Little Falls.
Kinsey crossing the thrushing waters.

Have a blessed week,

No comments:

Post a Comment