Thursday, February 27, 2014

Shiny & New


First of all, welcome to Darling Simplicity 10.0! This new layout was designed by me, Amanda, and was inspired by the shower curtain in my bathroom. The shower curtain is made of clear vinyl and has lovely Gerbera daisies on it. I know this new theme does not necessarily have that "flower-y look" like my shower curtain, but it is different - which is what said shower curtain inspired me to be.

I thought it was time for a change. I created and introduced the most recent theme for Darling Simplicity almost one year ago, and if you have been reading since the beginning, you know that a year is an extremely long time for me to be content with the look of my blog.

In addition to a new look, I've added several other categories for this blog's content in the navigation section to the right. Feel free to check them out!
I've also added a handy little link so you can now share posts from this blog with your friends on your facebook wall:




Over the past year or so, I've kept track of the numerous designs Darling Simplicity has had by screenshotting the theme after I create it. I thought it might be interesting for you guys to see just how much it has changed, and hopefully improved as well.


Before I changed my blog's name to Darling Simplicity, I had a... some might say, "overly-complicated and difficult-to-bring-up-in-a-sentence" blog, entitled Incipient Eternity.
[Date: 4.18.13]


Out with the old, in with the new! Incipient Eternity became Darling Simplicity and got a whole new look. My blog's name was (in a way) inspired by this theme. The background made me feel happy when I looked at it, therefore it stuck...until I changed it up a few short days later.
[Date: 4.19.13]


I had begun feeling like the more simple the layout was, the better.
[4.22.13]
I have no excuse as to why I changed my blog to this one. I most likely just wanted to change things up after having the other theme for so long... *cough cough*
[Date: 4.23.13]


After going on a little photo-shoot, I felt inspired. This layout didn't last too terribly long - it missed something, I just hadn't put my finger on what yet.
[Date: 5.4.13]


And finally, we have reached the one that probably looks the most familiar to you. This design made its first appearance in May, but was not finalized until July of 2013.
[Date: 7.11.13]

So there you have it, folks! I hope you got some enjoyment out of my stroll down memory lane.
See you in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment