Thursday, June 27, 2013

On June 16th, 2013, I graduated from highschool.



I can honestly say that the feeling of having no homework or projects to do, still hits me like a ton of (happy and exciting) bricks each day. Being the "constantly moving" type of person that I am, I'm thankful that God's given me many, many things to pre-occupy my time - babysitting, planning my graduation party, and getting rid of the large stack of books and binders I do not need anymore, has kept me happily busy.

I must say, going through my school books has been both depressing and nostalgic. While I'm extremely happy to get rid/store all of my previous scholastic needs, I have to admit I'm a little sad to see those care-free years go.

My life is going to change so very much in the next few months; most of those changes are quite scary for me to think about. I will be going away to college, which means I will be living alone (obviously with other people, but alone in the sense that my parents won't be there), becoming a self-sustaining person on her way to adulthood. Naturally, I have doubts as to how I will fair, but I know God will take care of me.

Deuteronomy 3:22 says "Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you."
I think this verse will become one of my main mantras as I go head first into the life God has planned for me.

On another note, I have been working on some very exciting DIYs lately, and cannot wait to put them up on my blog!


For now, I will leave you with this:

No comments:

Post a Comment