Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Graduation Party!


As every female in my family is quite artistically inclined, I have grown to become so as well. This past weekend, I threw my graduation party. I had such a blast planning and creating this party that I've decided to share it with you all!


(Unfortunately, I did not think ahead of time to take photos of the deco before the guests arrived - a failure that I am still knocking my head against the wall for. The above photo is the only one I got before the party began.)


» Theme «


I chose to go with a rustic chic theme - burlap table runners (like this one from alovesupremephoto.com), bright and colorful daisies, mason jar glasses, and lace doilies.

I found the burlap fabric atJo-Ann's for $3.99/yd., and cut the large piece of fabric into the appropriate size myself. I ended up having a bit of extra fabric, which I incorporated into the rest of the decorations.

While I was at Jo-Ann's picking up the burlap, I ventured into their floral section. I was able to snag five bouquets of Gerber Daisies at $2.39 a pop, which was more than 75% off their original price!

» Food «


Buffalo Chicken Dip (recipe)
Texas Caviar (mother's secret recipe!)
Salsa (any salsa would do; I used Pace's Restaurant-Style Salsa)
Veggies (displayed like this)
Mini Pigs-in-a-Blanket
Meatballs
Cheesecake (graciously provided by my good friend)
Graduation Cake(Publix)
Reeses Cup Graduation Cap Pops (concept)

» Drink «


Pink Lemonade with Blueberries & Orange Raspberry Sherbet Punch

» Where I Found My Deco «


Did I mention my dad's what I like to find a deal finder. Thankfully, that habit has successfully been engraved into my brain, as I bought almost all of my graduation party things (minus the food, of course) on amazon!

Mason Jars - Used for various
Large Glass Jar - Used to store straws
Heavyweight "Looks Like Silver" Utensils
Paper Straws
Popsicle Sticks - Used for Grad. Cap Pops
Paper Lace Doilies - Set of 45
72 Graduation Cap Picks
Disposable Cameras

As always, thank you for reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment